In Powerpuff Girls Z, group members have the same qualities as the original series.
- Bobby Green, who is inspired by Ace. Voiced by Andrew Francis, who also voices Shining Armor on My Little Pony. He has black hair, sunglasses, sharp teeth, a white shirt with torn sleeves, a red and purple vest, yellow green pants, yellow and orange wristbands, and black shoes.
- Ivy, who is inspired by Snake. In the English version, she is a girl, but was origianally male. Voiced by Tabitha St. Germain who also voices Rarity on My Little Pony. She has blue hair, black lips, a black and white sailor shirt and hat, brown shorts, white socks and black and blue shoes.
- Weevil, who is inspired by Li'l Arturo. Voiced by Maryke Hendrikse, who also voices Gilda on My Little Pony. She has a pink shirt, no nose, dark pink skirt, pink scarf, yellow eyes, green hair and red shoes.
- Lunk, who is inspired by Grubber. Voiced by Peter New who also voices Big McIntosh on My Little Pony. He has a purple raggedy shirt, brown pants, a real black belt instead of a rope one, black shoes, no nose, round ears, black-green hair and purple eyes.
- Big Boy, who is inspired by Big Billy. Voiced by Richard Ian Cox. He has brown hair, a pink nose, a white one sleeved shirt, black spiked wristbands with green spikes, purple shoes, blue jeans with red cuffs beneath the leggings on the pants and a single yellow showing above his hair.
- All the members, except Ivy, had their original names (Ace, Big Billy, etc.) in their first appearances, but they later had their names changed.
- In the original Japanese version, none of the Gangreen Gang members had their names (or genders) changed.
- Their first appearance is in the episode 14 (Attack of the Gangreen Gang), where they try to defeat the Powerpuff Girls but fail miserably. They then decide to try to defeat only Buttercup, but again they fail miserably. They reappear in later episodes as well.
- In Japanese, Ivy was originally male. It is unknown officially why this change was made, but it was thought that it couls have been a few reasons: in the anime, Ivy (Snake, originally) looked somewhat feminine, his/her actions suggested that she had a crush on Bobby (Ace), and his/her "magic trick" involved rubbing Bubbles' leg, which may have been seen as inappropriate.
- Despite being (obviously) female, Weevil (in Japanese and their first English appearance) is still name "Li'l Arturo" ("Arturo" being a male name), and is referred to with male pronouns in English.
- almost all the members of the gang green gang are voiced by my little pony voice actors.